Depending on the charges you face, I can work with the prosecutor and judge to make sure it is possible to negotiate for a term of probation instead of serving time in jail or prison. So to answer the question are there options to avoid jail in my sentence: Yes, there are! If you complete probation successfully, the jail sentence will be suspended. If you violate the terms, restrictions or conditions your probation, the court most likely will send you to jail and revoke your order for probation. Another option is community service; the court will order you to complete a certain number of hours of community service instead of jail. Yet another option is residential treatment programs. Here a person receives treatment for drug addictions, alcohol addiction and mental health issues.  Finally, I can work on getting you a diversion program in certain cases that will keep your criminal record clean and keep you out of jail.

Are there options to avoid jail in my sentence? Yes, but you need a lawyer to help you make sure you know what they options are and to help negotiate these options with the local prosecutor and judge.

If you want to read more information about this subject matter, please check out this blog post by Shawn.

My Criminal Defense Lawyers in West Michigan Proudly Serve: Kent CountyOttawa CountyAllegan CountyIonia County, Barry County, Berrien County, Mason County, Manistee County, Mecosta County, Oceana County, Muskegon County, Montcalm County, Newaygo County, Kalamazoo County, Lake County, Van Buren County, and the City of Grand Rapids, Michigan.

My Grand Rapids Criminal Lawyers Also Proudly Serve The West Michigan Cities Of: Grand Rapids, Holland, Allendale, Wyoming, Kentwood, Grandville, Walker, Hudsonville, Grand Haven, Coopersville, Spring Lake, Ionia, White Cloud, Newaygo, Hastings, Stanton, Zeeland and Allegan.