Attorney Shawn Haff and The Criminal Defense Law Center of West Michigan are often asked by people seeking our help, I made a mistake, can you keep this conviction off my record?  It is a pleasure for us to tell these good people that yes, we can! Now there are factors that have to be considered before we tell someone that. We are aware of several diversion programs that we can help you qualify for! If you are facing a drug offense, we look to see if we can work with you to get you a sentence under 7411. That diversion program will keep your record clean if you can complete probation. If you are facing a retail fraud charge, we will see if we can get you a sentence under HYTA.  If you are facing a domestic violence charge, we will see if we can get you sentenced under a specific section of the spousal abuse act.

We know that if you are facing your first offense, you might be scared and feeling intimidated. Do not worry! Call us now at 616-438-6719 and let us put your mind at ease. We can answer your question of can you keep this conviction off my record?

What is a pretrial diversion?

People who are facing criminal charges have not heard of these options. That is why you need to call Shawn and hire him to represent you immediately if you are facing criminal charges. Can you afford to have your ignorance of the law cost you a criminal conviction?  Shawn knows the steps you need to take in order to better your chances of getting a pretrial diversion. I

A lot of people when they are charged with a crime will usually enter a plea of guilty or not guilty. If Shawn is able to get the prosecutor to agree to a pretrial diversion program on your charge, you will not have a criminal record when the case is over.  This agreement is like signing a contract with the prosecutor. The agreement is usually to undergo rehabilitation to avoid jail, prison and a criminal record if you can stay out of trouble and complete probation.  If you are facing domestic violence charges, you may be required to take anger management counseling or a domestic violence program. If you are facing a charge related to drugs, you could be required to enter into drug rehabilitation.

Can you keep this conviction off my record? If it is possible, Attorney Shawn Haff will guide you down the path that will give you the best success in getting a diversion program!

Our Criminal Defense Lawyers in West Michigan Proudly Serve: Kent County, Ottawa County, Allegan County, Ionia County, Barry County, Berrien County, Mason County, Manistee County, Mecosta County, Oceana County, Muskegon County, Montcalm County, Newaygo County, Kalamazoo County, Lake County, Van Buren County, and the City of Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Our Grand Rapids Criminal Lawyers Also Proudly Serve The West Michigan Cities Of: Grand Rapids, Holland, Allendale, Wyoming, Kentwood, Grandville, Walker, Hudsonville, Grand Haven, Coopersville, Spring Lake, Ionia, Hastings, Stanton, White Cloud, Newaygo, Zeeland and Allegan.